View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 07:48 PM   #7
luvbowties

Thumbs up Re: 5/8" heater core hose blowing off!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheengurs View Post
usually when pouring fluid into the rad, when it gets near the top, I listen for the bubbling then slow the pour till it reaches the top, let the bubbles go until they stop and the fluid level lowers and keep filling a little bit at a time until there's no more bubbles...

the other way I've tried is running with the rad cap off, for a few minutes to let it pump then seal it up...

have you had a coolant hose pop off due to air in the system before??

FIRST
, & I'm guessing most likely: You sure you have accounted for REVERSE FLOW water pump?

SECOND: You may wanna try this after taking care of the first thought above. You'll first need to drain your system completely--but w/no anti-freeze, it won't be costly. Years ago, a great mechanic and close friend stopped me when I was fixing to put water in a fresh rebuild as I was heading to radiator. Told me to take the heater hose loose at heater end, leave cap off rad., and use a funnel to fill system thru that upper end of heater hose. Then when water rose to radiator neck level, had me reconnect heater hose and call it filled WITHOUT any entrapped air. Changed my method from that day forward.

YMMV, but it would at least eliminate one possible cause of your trouble. HTH, Sam

Last edited by luvbowties; 09-02-2017 at 07:57 PM. Reason: more info
luvbowties is offline   Reply With Quote