View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 11:37 AM   #17
jocko

Re: 1967 shorty or long bed ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckvetter View Post
I know the truck well. I watched the build from ground up. Rockers and cab corners replaced. True short box frame, though 71 I think. Tail gate is original. The guy who applied the patina here in Edmonton does over the top work. Box is almost too perfect. No dents or scratches. Beautiful truck. Fast with that 68 327 with old school camel hump heads. The M20 in that truck is a Muncie 4 speed out of a car.
My pics of the truck are shots when the truck was first running. I sold him the 8" Blazer rims. The builder bought back the wheels and caps for his next build. A true 503 green short box step side.
The builder built the truck for his personal driver. He sold it when a guy buying a short box frame off him just had to have the truck.
Truck is a real head turner where ever it goes. Enjoy the cruises.
Interesting Canuck. Nice to finally know the ground truth. So, when you say the builder does great work - is it a replacement actual/original shortbed bed that was patina'ed to match the rest of the truck and bolted to a 71 swb frame or is that the original long bed that has been masterfully cut down, and then the patina re-mastered to cover the welds? Yes, I agree, whatever the case, incredible work.

Darren - would truly love to actually lay eyes on this SPID. I've never seen an M20 on a truck SPID, interesting. Does the truck have front disk brakes (i.e. stock 71)? I'm not clear on whether you found the frame VIN or not - did you? Am assuming only a partial of the serial # if you did, was it a match? (sorry if I missed it if you already stated that in the thread). This is truly one of those Magnum P.I. cases, appreciated you sharing.

Most importantly, how did the seller actually describe the truck? If you were checking all these things, surely it was discussed? Personally, if it was presented as a true swb truck - I WOULD be pissed. Yes it's extremely well done and will always be a cool truck. But, posts that highlight only that fact somewhat miss the the issue - the issue is whether or not you overpaid if this was mis-represented. Having said all that - if you'd have paid the same price you paid for it knowing what you know now, would you still have bought the truck? If the answer is yes, then all this is just history digging, which is still fun - but the truck is definitely very cool, if you're good with what you paid, I think you can just enjoy it now that you know all the history.

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing, that is one very cool looking garage you're keepin that truck warm in.

Last edited by jocko; 09-03-2017 at 12:01 PM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote