View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 10:53 PM   #130
ChuckLee

Re: My LQ4/T56 build thread

I tacked in place the outer rocker. I really appreciate the help guys. I was able to get the door cup clearancing the inner rocker and outer rocker via hammering.

Here's the door and fender in their somewhat close to proper place...I'm not going for a show truck here, so I suppose i'm happy with the gaps for now.
Untitled by FlickrAccount83, on Flickr

Alignment in and out seemed to be easy........

Until I realized the front of my outer rocker is in way too far, ugh. This pic is exaggerated because the angle and also the bottom bolts are not even in yet on the fender or the bottom of pillar.

I don't know what to do about that right now, any ideas would be much appreciated. Sometimes the best thing to do is to quit. I quit on that till someone gives me a good idea and some encouragement.

Moved on to the drip rail on roof. Passenger side looked a little swiss cheesy but really wasn't that bad actually.

Used fiberglass to fix this area

then smoothed the whole drip rail with some seam sealer.

Was curious how bad the rot is on my passenger door.....so i started rippin into it with the dye grinder....
there was a hunk of body filler the size of 2 golf balls in the bottom corner. I was wondering why the truck always seems to lean to the right!
Not sure what options are out there for metal replacements for my door, but i would think there is something easy out there.

Lot of work to do, but I had fun in the nice weather. Hope all you guys in Florida have gotten out of dodge! Irma is knockin!