View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 10:49 PM   #2935
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

One of the pieces we collected that Dennis was totally in love with is this wood plane.

It seems this is around a hundred years old.

On Tuesday, after a late start around 10.30, I headed out toward Arkansas.

First point was to see Donnie Wilson and his family.

Along the way I "always" stop at McDonalds in Corning for coffee, wifi and a bathroom break.

I had managed to drop my Opinel pocket knife in Danny Kings truck on Sunday night after the races, so I popped into the local Walmart for a new lock blade, crisps and some great Jerky.

While in there, my mobile phone picked up its WiFi and delivered a couple of messages..... love technology.

Chatting to a friend in SA she was incredulous that I had picked up free WiFi, and only a selfie satisfied her disbelief.

Loved this signage.

The. Headed out again and went through Pocahontas where you keep right, toward Strawberry.

Along the way I stopped at a random shop and managed to buy the large top arrow for a weather vane.

Same guy had this '52 Chevy hood ornament for sale at $15.00 which seemed like a good price, if it was not free.

Got to Donnie late afternoon.

His son, both their wife's and grand children were all there for an awesome dinner and specially fried Deer meat that he had hunted

Possibly the best moment to date on this trip was when he offered me English Tetleys tea......

I had forgotten to bring my own supply this time.

After dinner we went and sat out on the front porch and just enjoyed the quiet, watching the humming birds use the feeders hanging out front.

For some reason my YouTube channel will not let me load videos, been going on for weeks.

Any ideas??
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote