View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 05:44 AM   #16
The Rocknrod

Re: 5/8" heater core hose blowing off!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheengurs View Post
oh Captain! that's just simply too easy a solution! well, on paper anyway...

lmc has them at 70-80 bux us .. doesn't seem so bad right? well, that's actually closer to 110 cdn after conversion, and related fees.. not to mention another thirty bux shipping up here to canada. so now i'm looking at 140 bux...

for that kind of money I could prolly pay a rad shop to refurbish and extend the piping any way I'd like...

I believe I replaced that heater core around 5 or so years ago, and I've been using that same ugly but functional setup since then... I'd have to go back to my reciept pile, but either Napa or LMC placed that correct size but wrong fitting heater core in my hands... I dunno why I didn't fight to get the correct one, but I'm stuck with it now, until it fails...completely...
He's right. I worked up there for a long time, the CDN citizens pay fees for American goods and they have a ministry of (you name it) charging fees as well. I had a friend there go down to US and buy all kinds of car stuff. Removed all the packaging and threw the parts in the pickup bed. When he crossed the border into Canada he told them it was all used parts and they didnt charge him a fee for them. Poor guys. Super glad you got it worked out.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote