View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 11:53 PM   #27
PaPaStewySnipes

Re: Brake booster questions - need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z10 View Post
Here's what I'm using. Tuff Stuff booster and Wilwood master & proportioning valve.
I have my factory booster/master pulled out of my truck that was previously disk/drum ready to replace all the brakes, and fab up the lines. I have one question. My factory booster is a Delco, I'm going power disk/disk so bought the wilwood 1 1/8" master with the adjustable prop valve witch I'm guessing you used, looks to be same setup. Will this directly install to my factory Delco booster or a remain Delco booster with no issues, thinking about picking up a A1 Cardone reman Delco booster from AutoZone tomorrow to go with the wilwood set up, mine is dirty and I do not see the point in using old booster on all new brake parts, the gold will look nice as well. I did some measurements off my factory booster and master and it looks like I may not need to use the bullet they sent me with the wilwood master for a my factory booster, rod is sticking out quite a bit. I will be looking more closely tomorrow. I'm going the route you took, did you have any issues ot can give me some guidance I want to be 100% sure I will get correct booster with no issues?
Part number for booster is 54-71125. Also it seems as if my wilwood master has a smaller bore than the factory one installed with the Delco booster. The grommet seems loose on the wilwood master where it mates to the Delco booster. Any advise will be a big help.
Attached Images

Last edited by PaPaStewySnipes; 09-16-2017 at 12:37 AM.
PaPaStewySnipes is offline   Reply With Quote