View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 11:18 PM   #28
Z10

Re: Brake booster questions - need help!

Yes it looks like you are using the same Wilwood master. I did use the bullet. General rule of thumb is to use the bullet with power brakes and not use with non power brakes. I tried a Cardone but really didn't like the look and just know that it is a remanufactured part. I guess if you are going to paint it, it doesn't make much difference. I really had difficulty getting an 11" booster to work correctly. I tried 3 separate units from CPP and sent them back and also 2 masters from them which leaked. I ended up getting a new Tuffstuff booster which is American made and it works just fine. I think this is the one I used
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tuff-Stuff-P...Xw2&vxp=mtrYou should be able to reuse your original brackets. I would check but mine is in storage across town. Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaStewySnipes View Post
I have my factory booster/master pulled out of my truck that was previously disk/drum ready to replace all the brakes, and fab up the lines. I have one question. My factory booster is a Delco, I'm going power disk/disk so bought the wilwood 1 1/8" master with the adjustable prop valve witch I'm guessing you used, looks to be same setup. Will this directly install to my factory Delco booster or a remain Delco booster with no issues, thinking about picking up a A1 Cardone reman Delco booster from AutoZone tomorrow to go with the wilwood set up, mine is dirty and I do not see the point in using old booster on all new brake parts, the gold will look nice as well. I did some measurements off my factory booster and master and it looks like I may not need to use the bullet they sent me with the wilwood master for a my factory booster, rod is sticking out quite a bit. I will be looking more closely tomorrow. I'm going the route you took, did you have any issues ot can give me some guidance I want to be 100% sure I will get correct booster with no issues?
Part number for booster is 54-71125. Also it seems as if my wilwood master has a smaller bore than the factory one installed with the Delco booster. The grommet seems loose on the wilwood master where it mates to the Delco booster. Any advise will be a big help.
1979 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 & 1979 Pontiac Trans Am 10th Anniversary
1999 Honda Valkyrie
2006 Corvette Z06
2010 BMW 650i

Last edited by Z10; 09-17-2017 at 11:24 PM.
Z10 is offline   Reply With Quote