View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 12:01 AM   #29
PaPaStewySnipes

Re: Brake booster questions - need help!

I got a new booster $93 out the door at autozone, I think they messed up and didnt give me a cardone, I thought they are gray and mine was cad coated. So I think they didnt give me a remain unit for some reason so I can not complain and didnt ask questions, it looks just as my old Delco except replacement rod is 1/8" shorter. When I bolt booster to the master there is about 1/8" play with the new booster so I think I got lucky. I measured from rubber seal of booster to tip of rod, I then measured depth of inside of master to its edge of the bore which sticks out past flange and hits the seal when bolted up and ended up having about 1/8" till contact. If I used my bullet I will not be able to bolt master to booster. My bullet fills total void inside master and makes it about flush. I doubled checked by placing my bullet next the rod sticking out of booster and I get the same about 1/8". When mating master to booster I press on rod connected to pedal assembly when it starts moving push rod I have just a tiny bit of play till it engages master. I may have a long rod for the booster like you mentioned before any kept my old one before the exchange thinking I may need it, so if I add the bullet I can not bolt it up. Any suggestions?
Attached Images

Last edited by PaPaStewySnipes; 09-18-2017 at 12:43 AM.
PaPaStewySnipes is offline   Reply With Quote