View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 10:54 AM   #10
LT7A

Re: Fuel Condition and Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryRocketeer View Post
Typically, just using a higher octane rating in a turbo car isn't going to make much difference until you tune for it, although it will resist detonation a bit more.
Copy that. My main concern in the thread is for my C15 and K20 that are sitting until up and running again and the parts truck. So far, I'm thinking Sta-Bil for these rigs. Got me thinking about my other "occasional' drivers. It seems that Sta-Bil 360 might work well.

The turbo car is "chipped" among other things and requires premium. I don't run a higher grade than needed in my rigs unless they are tuned to take advantage of it, so I'm with you.

Quote:
I wouldn't suggest running additives of any kind in a high revving turbo application either. I've got a turbo car that revs out at 8500 and NEVER put any additives in it. Pure gas every time, and nothing else.
I may begin putting Sta-Bil 360 in the turbo car since it takes about 60 days to go through a tank and I can tell the difference when I put new gas in it. I would like to have something that preserves the gas and manages the ethanol when I can't get ethanol-free fuel.

Quote:
On another note, is it really that hard to find non-ethanol gas where you are?
It's funny you ask. I didn't know there was such a thing as ethanol free gas until a couple of years ago. And I'm fairly "automobile oriented" as you can probably tell from the info above. I live in an urban area where only E10 is sold. You have to get about 30 miles out of Seattle before you can get E0.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote