View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 11:41 AM   #1
Brad54

Good parts acquisition month for my '62 K10!

Damn, had a good month scrounging parts for my '62 K10 build I'm
Going to start next year!
First, picked up a very, very clean Dana 44 with disc brakes/open knuckles for $125. It even has nice paint, and no rust pits on it.
Then I drove out west to Dieseldude4bt's place and bought a divorced Np205 with crossmember and shifter, Koenig PTO winch and mount, the PTO unit for the t-case and the driveshafts for it. It's all as complete as can be--it'd have taken me years to piece all of it together.
Then on the way back home, I stopped at another place and he had a factory grille guard that's straight, for $75. Hard to find piece, in any condition. I also got a pair of rear tow hooks that aren't factory, but I think they'll work well--they're smaller than the huge factory hooks you find on busses and dump trucks (I've got a pair of those), and they have the bend in them like factory hooks. Two mounting bolts instead of three, so I think they'll fit on the back
Of the truck with the step bumper and receiver hitch easier than the huge ones.
At a third place, I found a set of perfect wiper arms.
A couple months ago, I picked up a set of factory front tow hooks (warthog tusks!), the the front of the truck will have the tusks, a PTO winch and a factory brush guard, and a cut-down-to-fit '61 C60 grille to clear the winch that'll be recessed into the grille to keep the bumper from sticking out a foot.
The hardware was the last stuff unneeded to find to get the project going. The rest is just bonus!

There's no cool like Old School
Brad54 is offline   Reply With Quote