View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 06:55 AM   #34
mjshealy

Re: Are there bed differences between types and wheelbase?

No Aussie, my plan is to take this non-longhorn metal-floor long bed bed, weld the Longhorn extensions on the front, put the metal-floor front panel on it, and figure out what I will do about a floor.
I have the longhorn bed extensions mounted to the front panel, I have welded the drivers side to the new bed, but ran out of light to do the passenger side.
I know you think I'm crazy, but this is really my only option. This metal-floor non-longhorn bed was the only bed I've been able to find. The longhorn bed that was on it is completely toast, a tree fell across the middle of the drivers side bed, and landed on the center rear of the bed. All of the bed supports, front and rear cross sills and front panel are unusable. Rear is bent and twisted, and they're all rusted through beyond repair. I didn't even have to unbolt the bed to take it off.
I will either assemble and mount this bed and cut out the metal floor and make a custom metal floor, or I will cut out the metal floor and customize it to make a wood floor work with what is there.
mjshealy is offline   Reply With Quote