View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 03:30 PM   #3017
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

How good does it feel to pick up £300.00 on the side of the road?

Wrapped up in a little bundle and a plastic bag.

I guess most of us like a bit of free cash when we can get it.

Recently my lawnmower, bought for £50.00 on eBay when the free one I got at the council tip about 10 years ago croaked and then given a new diaphragm in the carb, decided it's handle was going to throw in the towel.

So the choice was to spend £300.00 on a cheaper mid range thing or get a Honda for over £500.00 as I do like my lawn tidy.

Tight R-s me thought I would ripummage in the garage and see if there were bits that could do the job.

So Mr Grinder came out, and removed the offending part, then sleeved the handle using some considerable force.

A second sleeve that would fit over sleeve number one, once cleaned up and then welded to the new support, would see me cutting the grass with my life extended mower again.

Sleeved handle, into welded sleeve, and welded to sop and bottom of inner sleeve, then reassembled......

Yup, looks a bit rough.

Don't care.

Etch primed and satin black.

Job done.

On a different level, som e very old cigarette advertising, one of my favourite brands growing up (I have never smoked in my life)

And the gift that keeps giving.

More funds came in recently for the Children's Charity we all contributed to earlier this year, hey have managed to get to 103% with almost £26000.00 in contributions. Someone dropped £2000.00 in as well. Suspect it was a corporate donation.

Thanks Ernie and Evan.

And finally, saw this beauty parked up in Rochester High street last weekend.

Thanks for checking in.

Later.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote