View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 11:36 AM   #7
Iplay4keepz

Re: Clifford the big red? truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj383ss View Post
Very Cool Truck. Looked through your imgur. Damn you repaired a lot of rust. Looks like you could have just bought the whole floor replacement and used it. I have rarely seen rust through on the back of the cab wall.

Definitely try to keep those cool horns under the hood. What are you going to do with the storage compartment in the bed?
Keep up the good work.

Bret
If I had known of that option from the get go I may have changed the way that this projet has went so far. The rust was exponentially worse than what I had thought, but I'm a sucker when it comes to old cars and trucks and I absolutely couldn't let it pass me up. Hell I've probably spent close to $800 in sheet metal and patch panels. Lots of fabrication, lots of learning.

The horns still work, but I will have to find a secondary way to power them. Reason being is I'm not using the original engine in this case. I think what I will do is mount an independant compressor under the big ass dent on the passenger side of the bed where the aux air tank was originally. Sorage compartment will be used as such, I would almost rather fab up a second one for the passenger side than the compressor for the air horns, but well see how it all goes.

Thanks for taking a look bj383ssI! I have about 150 more pictures that I haven't yet loaded into imgur yet so plan on this thread being 56k unfriendly.
Iplay4keepz is offline   Reply With Quote