Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Scoti here the cheat sheet for the Kicker Audio system in Scarlett-
Reciever- KMC20 Media Center-
Sub- Hideaway-
Rear- KS Series 6x9" 2 Way Coax
Kick- KS Series 6.5" Coax
High- KS Series 3.5" Coax
Center- KS Series 3.5" Coax

I worked with Tim Smith of Kicker who helped me design the system. Tim would have rather not used the 6x9's in the rear. He felt it would create rear imaging that would be inaccurate, and he was correct. To compensate, Chris and I tuned them down as much as possible. They still produce more high end sound than is technically correct, but they arent overpowering.

My reasoning for using the 6x9 in the corners is that its a common practice in these trucks and I hoped to accomplish a full range system using components that are commonly used. I feel we achieved the goal with some trade offs in sound quality.

With all that said, whats the bottom line? We have a system that has great mid bass and low bass coming from minimal power. The Kicker Hideaway is impressive in its ability to perform based on size. With the hideaway tuned moderately low, the 6x9's fill the mid bass gap very well.

Up front the KMC 20 works very well in accomplishing my goal of having a contemporary full feature receiver with out having to cut the stock dash at all. It offers Bluetooth that connects easily to your device to plays HD sound via YouTube. You can use a memory stick, or any storage device to play back as well through an HDMI port.

Does it rival a high end factory system with computer designed enclosures and ideally placed components? Probably not. Does it sound very impressive based on the limitations and obstacles these old trucks offer? Absolutely!
Gotcha..... Thanks
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by N2TRUX; 10-23-2017 at 01:11 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote