Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 06:07 PM   #1312
Vic1947

Re: Rat repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Speaking of here's my latest issue:

Front upper part of door needs to go outward, but look at the window surround its pretty much maxed outward I think?? and the front lower door needs to go in about 1/8".... in these pic's the lower fender bolt is out so the fender will pull in about 1/8" on the bottom.

The rear upper part of door needs to go inward, but the pictures don't show that the lower rear of the door does not need to go in, the body line is already in too far..

Almost like the door is twisted? but I don't think I could have twisted the door with what I did with the skin..

This is where I wish I had an experienced extra hand.... Am I going to have to shim the lower fender out to make this happen?
In the old days, a factory body man would strategically locate a wood block between the door and the door frame then give the door a shove or two to help remove some of the twist. Obviously you want to push where you have some structural strength and not on an unsupported area that can cave in. Once you have the door lined up halfway decent, you can tinker with shims and hinge adjustments for the rest.
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote