View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 10:03 PM   #16
Killer Bee

Re: AN fitting users....can you give me advice?

high speed, thin abrasive wheel.. 3" or bigger minimum to make straight cut without binding hose on tool.. hose shops use special bench cutters with steel blades.. not sure if these types of blades are available in portable air tool sizes and arbor sizes but I've never had any trouble with thin abrasive wheels using care..

you can make a rough cut an inch or so long and make your final cut neat with small scrap leftover..

as I mentioned above, tightly wrap the cut location with electrical tape to minimize fray..

make the cut swift without crushing.. cutting time too long will melt hose lining, too fast will crush hose leaving fish lips cut.. practice on ends before cutting first full length will improve your odds if not experienced..

and if your hose is small and light, like what you're using, you can use a small wood or plastic dowel or stiff tubing that loosely fits hose ID.. cut one end at a time and knock out or blow out cuttoff piece from opposite side.. again, make a little longer rough cut and repeat with dowel for second final cut..

clean hose lining with solvent, brake clean, etc. that is compatible with hose and will evaporate.. purge with shop air, mind your PPEs.. don't leave any hose residue from cutting in the hose.. also inspect both ends for slag from cutting and debur if necessary.. I never use factory cuts, I make my own first cut and measure from there..

inspect the ends and lining before assembly.. use hose lube, grease, etc. that's compatible with hose and intended purpose fluids..

ready for assembly, good luck!
Killer Bee is offline   Reply With Quote