View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 09:50 PM   #289
King951

Re: Where/How did you find your Truck ?

Went out one Saturday morning to go check out some Chevy pickups for sale. Was sitting at a gas station waiting for a response on a 74' C10 about 40 miles from home. The owner said he would send me the address when he got home in ~5 min. An hour or so later after receiving no response I figured he changed his mind and pulled up Craigslist on my phone. Saw a listing for a 71' C20 one owner all original for $2,500 local. The listing had no photos but had just been posted about an hour or so earlier so I figured I would go check it out since the 74' decided not to respond. Pretty happy he didn't respond. Ended up being the first one to go look at the truck. Belonged to the seller's father who bought it brand new in 71'. Had been sitting since 08' when he passed away. Offered him $2,000 cash in hand and bought it that morning. Wired up a fuel pump and did some work to the linkages and drove it home the following day. Thought I was gonna spend the next few weekends looking for the rite truck, ended up being the first one I went and saw.

https://i.imgur.com/wjMRVGj.png
King951 is offline   Reply With Quote