View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 03:14 PM   #28
Black93GT

Re: 1949 Chevy 3600 Tow Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigamanx View Post
Seems like you skipped a few steps between 2014 and today though
Yea I skipped a day or two in the build thread. There was a ton of work, then rework and rework of the rework... Not to mention a bunch of swear words sprinkled in-between. So I skipped the gory details.

Of my issues....The motor ended up sitting too far back and to make it better, the headers wouldn't clear the A arms. I tried to relieve the offending header tube but gave in. I cut the mounts out and this time positioned and welded the motor mounts with the engine and transmission in place. It took me a bit to align the steering column and headers to get the steering shaft to cleanly slip through. I see the majority of people use a third u joint to make the angles work. I picked up an adjustable bracket to bolt the column to the floor and used the original dash mount.

Also, I spent a bunch of time bending fuel lines only to figure out it would be in the way of the clutch and brake master cyl's. To keep the lines cleanly routed, it's tucked up close to the cab above the tail housing of the transmission over to the passengers side.
Black93GT is offline   Reply With Quote