View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 03:35 AM   #296
'68 C10

Mine is quite a winded tale so I'll try and make it short. I was searching for a 72 blue Chevy one afternoon in an adjacent town, but was unable to find it based on my friend's directions. My wife and I took an abnormal route home and coming down a back road Farm to Market highway, I spotted a green 72 GMC next to a farm house. I decided to stop by and inquire. It was a farm truck for several years and most recently the daughter had driven it. The husband wasn't home so I left my number with his wife and carried on.

A week later I bought a '68 Chevy 396/400 truck. That project preoccupied me for a while but I ultimately sold it. The very next day after selling the '68, the owner of he green '72 GMC called me. Unlike the '68, this truck drove and ran. When he told me the price (only $500 more than what I sold the non-running '68 for) I immediately committed. We met at a small town in between and exchanged money and title.

I'm in the process of swapping a 5.3 into it as the crate 350 unit was pretty tired. It's been a great father/son project so far that I'm hoping to have completed this month. I should have a build post up in the near future.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

'68 C10 is offline   Reply With Quote