View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 01:42 PM   #1997
BAM55

Re: Kabwe's aka Bam's build

Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut Case View Post
Kabwe

Looking over the exhaust system I noticed that the H pipe appears to be lower that the through pipe. Any concern that condensation will collect there and cause some rust?

All else looks top notch, strong work

Nut Case
Nope I'm not worried about condensation at all. Why? because all exhaust systems due to weather change and heat cycles of the engine will have some condensation in the pipes. Example, its cold weather and you start the engine and little spinkles of water start blowing through the tail pipe, we've all seen it. Car warms up and the water evaporates.

In my opinion its a non issue because by the time this exhaust rust I will most like not be driving anymore or among the living.LOL I serious doubt that it will be rusted through even than. I have had the same setup on my 55 Sedan for the past 10 years and exhaust looks like I did it yesterday.

Why did I do my H-pipe like that? To tuck it up as far as I can and miss the trans output shaft. The kit comes with two pipes, a straight one and the curved one for that reason. You have to use the curved pipe to avoid any obstruction.

Last edited by BAM55; 11-07-2017 at 03:13 PM.
BAM55 is offline   Reply With Quote