View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 08:31 PM   #127
vancelot69

Re: You Chose a Blazer/Jimmy - WHY?

I want to play! My story is going to be long winded too, and probably have a lot of irrelevant parts, so, fair warning.

When I was in school, I was always a Chevy guy. Don't know why, because my dad was always a Dodge guy. And ever since then, my dream car was a 69 Camaro since that's what year I was born. A few years back, around 2012 or 2013, I got to thinking that I don't have a dream truck, so after doing some light research, I found out that the Blazer had a 69 model, so that immediately became my dream truck. I have always preferred SUVs over pickups. Then in late 2013 / early 2014 the bug started to really take hold and I was searching Craigslist almost constantly, but I wasn't finding a whole lot I could afford in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, so I started including cities far and wide in my searching, and I added Jimmy's to the search. The first time I saw a picture of a Jimmy, I fell in love with the quad style headlights, so I decided I wanted that, even though the oldest one I could get is a 70. I want to add, too, that the only reason I chose the 1st gen is because it's what year I was born, I turned 16 in 85, so square bodies were life back then, and I even had an 80 long bed in high school. In April of 2014 I found a Jimmy sort of in my price range in Pittsburgh. It wasn't really in my price range, but I offered $2500 and he accepted it. I probably shouldn't have bought it, but I have no self control if I have the money in my pocket and it's something I REALLY want. Turned out that it had more rust and more mechanical issues than I could handle, and I got rid of it in March of 2017. But I couldn't not have a Jimmy for too long. During this time of searching, I was seeing more Blazers that were in my price range, but I was determined to hold out for a Jimmy, and I wound up snatching up the first one that was in range, and again, I probably shouldn't have. It's a lot better candidate and start point than the last one I had, but it was almost 4x the price, and it's been sitting more than driving since I got it in April of 2017. During the months since I've had it, the thought has crossed my mind to sell it and get a square body since, as I mentioned, that's really what I grew up around.
2003 HD Road King
vancelot69 is offline   Reply With Quote