View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 07:58 AM   #16
special-K
Special Order

Re: Put em away early this year...

It's supposed to get almost 60 here tomorrow, but last night we had flurries and snow laying up on the mountains. Might not get a real snow for quite a while still, but just a dusting and they'll have the salty stuff down for the insecure rookies. Now that the "pre-treat" with that awful brine crap, it can get spread and it never ends up snowing. They are very anxious with that crap and I got caught in some a few years ago. Our first snow of the year was due to begin after midnight and just after noon they had that crap down.

Yeah, that's one of the biggest things that I have never liked about living where I do. I remember my X saying over many times, "Well I'm not moving somewhere just so your trucks won't rust. That's just stupid". I'd say, "Considering motor vehicles are people's second largest purchase in their lives, it's actually a very smart decision from an economic standpoint. And for me it would mean no new vehicle purchases ever".

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote