Thread: Scars are in?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 06:11 AM   #25
special-K
Special Order

Re: Scars are in?

Beating a dead horse refers to running a topic into the ground...going on and on over something already hashed out. This thread is a whole new topic that is only related to the longbed vs shortbed or shorten long good vs shorten long bad. This topic is a young colt called leaving scars that result from the shortening and that being en vogue.

So is it just the welded seams resulting from bed shortening being considered cool or any of the other various "scars" created by welding panels? All I know is first it was patina being sun burnt faded and down through it being cool. Then even some rust holes added to that, then damaged panels being accepted, to now the scars. I'm rethinking doing any sort of restoration on my trucks. It seems before too long they'll be considered really cool just leaving them pieces of crap. What's next, puffs of smoke as you pull off? Doggone it! I just wasted that time and money on new valve guides and seals, too! I have OEM SWB bedsides for my '67 project. I'm thinking to run welds on the sides so I can be in. I hope the frame scars don't come into fashion. I'll be out of the running with my factory SWB chassis I traveled a long way to get

About the long bed guys who come out of the woodwork to announce that a sheet of plywood doesn't fit a short bed with tailgate up, I don't think there is anyone here that hasn't figured that out. I've had guys saying that type of comment all my life when I bring up one of my short beds. "Those things can't haul squat", etc. That's when I tell them, "That's why I have always owned at least one 8-lugger. You see, I'm such a truck kinda guy that a short bed is my car. A car that can haul almost as much as my long bed". Another good one is "Makes you wonder why GM has been building them since day 1"

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 11-22-2017 at 08:13 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote