View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 06:45 PM   #212
Scott2

Re: Scott's '51 Build

Oil cooler pic.

Also a pic of the power steering pump all hooked up. I'm using a standard GM pump with a Ford rack. I got a kit from TCI to connect it all with nice braided lines but the kit assumed you were using a nicer no-reservoir pump and a remote reservoir. Had to noodle thru that for a few days and ended up calling Bonaco for a custom 7AN braided hose connected up to a 6AN fitting and then used a fake 7AN fitting with hose clamp inside on the pump return. Simple fix but strained the old brain for a few days. Still need to cap off the extra return line on the pump - any brilliant ideas for that (trying to avoid the bolt hose clamped into a piece of hose approach...)?

Also had fits with the fuel system hookups. (no pics) I used a Tanks rear tank and Russel fuel line and fittings. For some reason the little quick connect clips from Russel were turds and the fuel lines could be pulled off the fuel rail and filter/regulator. The Tanks guys were awesome and sent me replacements after we figured out the problem.
Attached Images