View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 10:41 PM   #917
knomadd

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
I think you'd get a surprise if you come here in June through September. My Uncle from Brazoria always rants about how we have it so easy with no heat and humidity. That's why every time he's up here, his azz is in the house in the ac most of the time.
I bet you can tell I've never been to your neck of the woods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett68C10 View Post
Truck looks awesome Duane, congrats on being able to drive and enjoy that new LS motor.
Thanks Keith. I'm still not really driving it yet... I'll post more below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
Awesome Job!!! That engine sounds great!!!
Thanks Scott!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Congrats Duane! All that hard work finally paying off. Great job on the whole project
Thanks Mike!

Update: I've been dealing with an ultra high fuel trim (30 to 34 long term with 16-28 short term) which says I have a really lean condition. For those who don't know (like I didn't) the fuel trims should be close to 0, but never more than about +/- 10. Negative is rich, positive is lean.

Research says I have either unmetered air (vacuum leak) or lack of fuel (low pressure). I've removed and reinstalled the intake, added a fuel pressure sensor from Dakota Digital (61.7 psi at idle), and replaced the MAF sensor in case it was dirty and giving a bad reading. None of these things changed the trims.

I'm contacting my tuner to see if he made an adjustment for the cold air intake since it's a 3.5" tube. I don't know what the van would have had, but I bet it wasn't that large. I'm also trying to borrow a smoke tester to check for leaks, but I'm waiting for now.

If anyone has any ideas I should try, I'm all ears (or eyes since I'll be reading them).

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote