View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 10:29 PM   #53
Dave_The_BMXER

Re: 51 GMC 'Project Why Wait'

So I've been working away at a few things in the garage. I took the mock up above and made it reality.

It's actually bolted in and not welded because I didn't want to paint the frame (again).

I also dialed in my fuel system

Because the back half is all boxed I had to go through the frame. It looks trick, but it was a bit of a pain in the ass to do. However I am quite happy with how it all turned out. The Aeromotive Phantom stealth install is super simple to do and I didn't have to worry about finding a place for an external fuel pump which was nice.

And finally the cab is home for the winter

Hope to get working on that but first I am going to plumb and bleed my brakes then the motor should be coming home early next year and that can be mounted before I figure out my firewall and the like.

I know I am going to have to at least to cab corners on the cab but we'll see what else once I get into it. Might do floors, or partial floors as well, but we will see!

A more detailed look at how I did what I did (the grinding, welding, cutting, and painting is up on my website).

Last edited by Dave_The_BMXER; 11-29-2017 at 10:37 PM.
Dave_The_BMXER is offline   Reply With Quote