View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 06:38 PM   #24
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Re: Do you have OEM CA emissions / smog equipment still in place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toms68cst View Post
From what I've seen, The AIR Pump (In 68 anyway) was installed nationwide (Not just Calf) on 1/2 ton - manual transmission trucks. I don't think it made a difference if it was a 6 or V8. I think the automatics had heat risers. My truck has no smog option listed on the glovebox. I am pretty sure it was purchased in the midwest.

3/4 ton trucks and heavier seem to have had fewer smog control requirements in 68.
That's helpful info. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdav160 View Post
Here's the tag from my '72 California 3/4 ton 4x4 Suburban. I have no reason to suspect the fender well has been replaced. The engine has been replaced along with the exhaust. PO installed headers/aluminum intake. No AIR brackets left.
Can you post a pic of the SPID listing the CA emissions equipment? 3/4t emissions decals were different than 1/2t in 72. That you've listed is for a 1/2t application. 3/4t emission decals were located on the radiator support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
My truck was a California truck for most of its life and came with all the emissions stuff (pump, brackets, hoses, connections, pipes, etc) when I got it.
That stuff was all removed and off within a couple of hours once I got the truck back to B.C.....and now all in a box under the bench in the shop...probably never to see the light of day again, lol.

Coley
Make space in the garage - give me the box

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland

Last edited by DeadheadNM; 11-30-2017 at 06:47 PM.
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote