Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 09:13 PM   #1320
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

The deluge's on the weekends are lightening up a bit.

I got the door freed up, had to enter from the other side and lift up on the door by placing a tire iron under it and putting a little pressure on it, did more readjusting on it to get it to align to the body lines, and it opens fine now, but thinking back I'm sure that the twist in the door was there before I took it off the truck, I don't think any amount of tweaking with pressure and a well placed piece of timber is going to make it any better, I bounced on the thing pretty hard so I think when the time comes this door will need to be replaced so I'm not sure its worth the time to fine tune the strike plate to pull the rear of the door in at this point.

This weekend I replaced the battery box, placed some wiring loom on the light wiring going across the front of the radiator hung my wiring on the passenger fender and the washer reservoir bracket on the driver side. Then I decided it was time to install that inner fenderwell, I have not been looking forward to this at all knowing how much of a pita the driver side was, well I think the passenger side was even worse! nothing wanted to align up the way it should, I fought this one much more and to add to the frustration I had one oddball clip nut that I decided to go ahead and use that ended up snapping off while trying to tighten up the bolt and right now I don't really feel like removing the well to replace it, why did I put that nut towards the top of the well and not down low??

But I think i'm almost ready to fire the truck back up, the cowl, hood, grill and bumper are still off but I cant install them with the truck under the cover.
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote