View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 10:11 PM   #40
Trackman101

Re: BBC Turbo 400 to LT4 T56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryans69chevy View Post
You will have to tell us how you like driving that combo when you get it done! When are you hoping to have it ready for the road?

.......I'm from the great white north so I have time before it hits the road.

That's cool that your GM dealer did that for you. Do they do that a lot? I've never heard of that. I wouldn't imagine they get that much better pricing on them than we would unless they are a frequent shopper.

My Gm dealer knows me. I've purchased a few vehicles from them and he could tell I had done my home work on price. Ultimately I would have paid a bit more to stay local and have him support me.

You need to post up some pics of your garage/shop! It looks like a nice place to be! I love the color of the floor!
I am fortunate to have a bit of a mancave.

Got the brakes finished up.(by that I mean mounted) A bit of a glitch with the axle offset. Moser suggested the brake package to go with from Wilwood. I followed their instruction and purchased the Wilwood kit but the calipers didn't center up on the rotors. I got the wrong spacer from Wilwood or Moser messed up the offset. Option A was to pay for new spacers and shipping that cost more than the spacers or option B build shims. I went with B. The aluminum shim is pictured in the 1st pic. The 13" brakes still look a little small on a 20" wheel but the cost to upgrade to bigger just didn't make sense to me.
Attached Images

Last edited by Trackman101; 12-09-2017 at 06:54 PM.
Trackman101 is offline   Reply With Quote