View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 07:09 PM   #837
ptc

Re: 1956 Chevy Pro-Street Build

Got all the 5" intake tubing at a Trucker Supply Store and its all welded up into place and had to make a support rod for it since it hangs out so far off the supercharger.

I had to redo the hat as the 1/4-20 air cleaner rod was not holding the hat on. I spoke with the guys at Extreme Velocity and they said yea you need to get rid of that, drill and thread it 5/16-18 and put in stainless steel rod. It wont stretch when it comes on boost. I was wondering why I kept blowing out the air cleaner paper gaskets no matter how tight it was.

So I drilled it and re-threaded it and put a 5/16 S/S rod in there, a new Fel-Pro composite gasket that is metal lined , double nutted with a nylock too and it holds boost now!

Got all the boost reference lines done in Vibrant poly tubing and quik insert fittings, I love these things! they work great.

And then I got the hood onto the truck finally and it looks almost complete. Needs alot of adjustment but its on for now. I tried riggin up a remote latch release because of my grill but found an easier way. If anybody needs a really nice custom latch release I got one!