View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 05:55 PM   #2221
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Your truck is looking great Vic!
Thanks, Mike, your's is coming along nicely... despite the weather you've been having.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot949 View Post
Vic... I have really enjoyed watching you resurrect this truck basically from a scrap heap... Your talents are unmistakably over the top... I can't wait to see this truck again in person...
Thanks, Dan. If it turns out anywhere as nice as Papa J I'll be happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
Nice work! Just tossing junk in the back eh? ☺️
Yep, John, just your basic scrap hauler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
That thing's a work truck like Cindy Crawford's an ordinary chick. She might make you some eggs... but that ain't your average girl.
I wasn't aware you knew Cindy, Chip. Next time she's at your place fixing eggs, gimme a call will you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytruck50 View Post
I have to admit, I've looked off & on at the earliest posts & just figured out that this is the immaculately prepared frame & cab that I've lusted after the last few years at the All Truck Nationals
Absolutely beautiful "beater/shop truck"
Amazing level of detail!!!!
Thanks! It will be completed by the next Nats, so be sure to stop by and say hi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh View Post
Amazing work for sure Vic!!!
Thanks, Jason. Anxious to see what's in store for your new ride.

I've been slacking when it comes to posting lately. I'm still wiring for the most part, but I took Duane's advice and worked on a few other things for some relief. The heater and AC lines are in place and the brake lines are done. I still need to cut and build the braided steel lines for the HydraStop. I've been postponing some things until the front clip is back on. Picked up the inner fenderwells a couple of days ago, so I no longer have an excuse. The paint shop only has the intake tube left to squirt. Everything else is here at the house.

I was unhappy with my metalwork on the right bedside when it returned from paint, so I contacted Ace Dent Repair and had Terry drop by the shop for a look see. He said he thought he could fix the objectionable spots, so he returned the next day and spent a couple of hours working his magic. When he left, the bedside looked fantastic. As you may recall, I cut it apart twice when I was chasing the gap problem and probably should have just bought another one that was made correctly. But being hardheaded....

Back in October, 2013 I bought a Lukas Blackbox full HD camera for making recordings. It has three modes, driving, events and parking. It was pretty trick back in the day, but has long since been outpaced by newer tech. I'd never actually hooked it up, so I downloaded the latest firmware update and tested it briefly. It looks like it will work pretty well for my needs. Beats spending $300-$500 on a GoPro. Video test here.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote