View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 08:45 AM   #31
special-K
Special Order

Re: Popular guy stuff that you dont like or do.

I call to have a conversation and text short thoughts, quick questions, small important bits of info not requiring taking someone away from their work or whatever. Texting is a very useful tool when used properly. I get text signals from some people that beep on and on letting me know I have 5 or more texts. I open my flip phone, don't read a thing, and text back "Call me".

I never had a smart phone but my next phone I suppose will be. I figure it's up to the individual how they go about using one. Not everyone who uses one buries their face in it all day long. I plan to continue my use of the laptop for most computer needs and only view internet during the work day for things related to work. These days, e-mail is like phone calls used to be. I check e-mail morning and night, but it seems many who send them throughout the day expect a prompt response, same as phone. The weather app would be an absolute blessing. But I don't like how you ask a person a question and they are impulsively looking it up on their phone. I can see a future society of people with very little knowledge stored because it's all on theiir phone. Think that's a silly thought? How many phone numbers do you have stored in your head compared to before phnes stored them? I have forgotten numbers I used to have memorized.

I've worn Levis 501s since '76. I find they are warmer than khakis on me. I am a blue jean kind of guy. Can't imagine wearing anything else. Not concerned with people thinking I'm "Up to" their level. I see everyone s equal and put more effort in showing people they are no better than try to impress them as being one of them. I am a hands-on salt of the earth working man and proud of it. I produce helpful things that help people. My level of professionalism is shown through my actions, often more responsible than many so called professionals. You can be professional about driving a truck or any other job with a task. It has nothing to do with level of formal education, collar of collar, or whether you work from an office or not. It is the way one conducts themselves through their work day. I don't "act" professional, I act on a personal level, act as myself, and I find that works very well with people.

One of the biggest things that turned me off to professional sports on TV is when I was 21, living with my sister and B.I.L., and wanted to get his friends together for a basketball game. No dice, we're all hanging out to watch someone else play on TV. I always figured playing was more fun than watching. Isn't that why there are games in the first place?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote