View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 02:16 PM   #21
zosoppp

Re: Customs Broker? What do they do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
Very interesting....I was wondering what it would take to sell a vehicle 'southbound' for a change, into the U.S
....hmm, I would be curious as to how this all rolls out for you Dave so keep us posted.....and I don't expect anything will be a problem.

As for the Canadian 'title'....its a little different up here and generally most Canadians don't know what the terms means.
That 'title' or paperwork is a much more fluid thing here than in the U.S
Whereas the american title is a very specific one time document it seems.
Here in Canada, every time the vehicle is sold it gets a new ownership document or 'title' specific now to that owner.
Also, if you happen to lose it...just go in and ask for a new copy and they will print one out for you...noting that they have you on digital record as the owner so it isn't a big deal....probably 15 minutes worth of time.
It is not one document handed down through time...so to speak.

Coley
Here in the US titles are re-issued whenever a vehicle is moved from state to state or transferred (sold/gift) from owner to owner. It all depends on the state of course, and at least it used to be that some states didn't have "titles" on older cars, just the registration.