View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 05:27 PM   #237
gigamanx

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
I like to put them behind the seat on pass side. I run a kill switch under the seat and then directly under cab onto starter, keeps the wires straight. I order 0/2 welding cable and crimp on my own terminals. If you decide to keep battery where it is now. I'd just wrap it with heat shield and you'll be good. You could also turn your muffler 90* and or put another little bend farther up to make it route a few inches closer to driveshaft. If you turn your muffler vertical it gives you more room between frame and driveshaft. You could poss turn your battery 90* also by the looks of it.
Seems too simple haha. I keep reading of noxious gas issues with batteries inside the cab. I def have the room and could probably vent a battery box through the old fuel fill hole in the cab since I haven't done anything with that yet.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote