View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 11:20 AM   #443
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: My Big Fat Renovation

My windows are really cool, they were 100% USA made here in Greenville, SC by Taylors Windows. The windows have a built in channel with a "brick molding" style surround. Really nice looking windows.

Only 1.5 more days and I'm off until Jan 2nd Unfortunately it looks like I'm going to get 4-5 days of rain It's been dry for months... Hopefully its a night rain or just scattered.

There's a couple more surround thingys not in the pic, but this area took a long time to do. I also might have redone a couple pieces... ooops. Siding is cheap, right?

I hid as many wires as I could. They used to just be shoved into the j-channel. They're now stapled to the wall behind. Everything you see that is on a white box thingy was previously just screwed to siding and looked cheap. Looks a lot better now.

Just off to the side, you can see the dryer style vent going over the A/C lines that go upstairs... and I found how critters were getting in. I made the hole a lot smaller and stuffed all the spaces with tube foam insulation. They might still get in, but at least I'll be able so see. I didn't want to do anything permanent there that would make fixing/removing lines a PIA.

I also had to show you my zip tie moment
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote