View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 07:20 PM   #3
sixty4bigwindow

Re: I guess it's my turn. Build thread for "Rocket"

Yes, the webs on the control arms are black widow webs, and there was one the size of Arkansas living in the coil spring!

Speaking of suspension, some of those original bad decisions are here lol... To get the stance we wanted cheaply, we cut the coils in the front, for about a 3 inch drop. And the rear (which I wasn't a part of,) the rear coils were removed, and it sat on the coilover shocks, and the overload leafs attached to the frame. Yes, the ride was HORRIBLE lol. But, I guess the stance was ok.

Back to the disc swap. The drivers side was the worst by far, and thankfully I did that side first. No pics of course, but we ended up having to take a plasma cutter to the original upper ball joint, as it would NOT bust loose. Once I cleared the spiders, and took care of the ball joint, it all went back together swimmingly!

The last 2 are the field it would sit in (broke my heart every time I drove away,) while we was moving into our place at the time, when I didn't have time to finish the swap. I had to buy a driver door with windows, as the shaved set I have, don't have any glass in them at all lol. They are awaiting to either be sold, or used eventually (current situation, probably sold lol.)
Attached Images

sixty4bigwindow is offline   Reply With Quote