View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 03:22 PM   #242
gigamanx

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Ok, thought I would validate some of my wiring by connecting up the battery and playing around. Oh man there are some gremlins! I followed the manuals I did have and guessed some of the others. I'm hoping you guys can see if there is something glaring I missed. Here's where we're at:

Park head lamps don't work
Front turn signals work, but only when the light switch is pulled to first position
Right front turn signal also seems to be leaking power to the fuel pump and kicking it on in sycn with the clicking. Yay
Brake lights are on in all positions
Brake switch doesn't affect rear lights
Turn signal works for right rear light but not left.
Turn signals only click the relay when the ignition is turned to on or acc.

In good news the license plate light works when the light switch is set to first position. haha.

I didn't have a manual for the light switch so I guessed on that one...
AUX = Power for gauges
BAT = Fat wire labelled "Head light switch power"
TAIL = Rear Tail Lights
PARK = Front Park Lights
HEAD = Low Beam
There's an extra black screw on the front I think that's the dome light?

Second set of wiring I don't have a manual for. The S10 brake light.
CENTER = Brake Switch Power
White = Brake Switch to Turn

Finally, my column group. I followed the manual I got for the GM connector on the wiring group end not the column group end. I assumed the column group was already wired correctly as it came with a GM connector when I bought it

Currently breaking out the multimeter and troubleshooting one at a time. So the front park and turn is first....I got the double contact kind and I'm assuming the housing is the ground bolted to the front fender with the other two as either turn or park depending on brightness. They didn't come with a manual either

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride

Last edited by gigamanx; 12-21-2017 at 04:49 PM.
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote