View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 07:39 PM   #15
jocko

Re: Is the restorer legally responsible ??

If you sold it as a business - perhaps. If you sold it as a private party, then I doubt there is any legal case. However, when you say you restored it "for someone" - it does sound as though you were, at a minimum, verbally contracted to do something for a specific person with a specific vehicle - does not sound as though you bought a truck, restored it, put it up for sale, and the buyer came along, and moved on. Sounds as though the hair is up on the back of the neck, so I'd consult an attorney personally, if I were the restorer. Not sure whether you're the restorer or on the receiving end or just asking a purely hypothetical question - but bottom line, I'd echo what Scott pointed out - private party, there's probably no lawsuit (that would be successful) - but I'd be concerned if I did a resto for some person specifically, the thing I worked on caused an accident, and there is documentation supporting "the work requested/performed" to match the cause - not just the sale of the vehicle in the end. Lousy situation, sorry to hear for either party involved.

Last edited by jocko; 12-21-2017 at 07:46 PM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote