Thread: Sold American!
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 07:29 AM   #37
special-K
Special Order

Re: Sold American!

I never went to Walmart, Home Depot or any of the big box stores when they first came around. Then they put other businesses out so it's hard not to deal with them. But nw that I deal with these places I still don't buy anything made overseas that domestic is available. Most of the made in China stuff I buy at those places are what everyone else is selling at the local shops, where there is still one left. Our hardware store is an Ace, so really same thing, but they are local and I want them to remain so I deal with them as much as I can. It is hard for the consumer to follow any sort of conscientious buying creedo when at the manufacturing level corporations have taking their craft abroad after they bought out the smaller businesses. The problem starts at the monster corporation level and that's the business model that is shaping our choices. It's go big or stay home these days. This is what the banks who run the country want. Not a bunch of smaller loans to so many smaller weaker businesses. They want to put endless amounts of money into the dominant business to help it buy others out and build more stores for Generica.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote