View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 12:02 AM   #20
Spf79

Re: 1972 Build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
Old school MT's would look very nice I would think. Waddya gonna do with the timing chain cover? Paint or leave "gold"?
Thank you for the feedback!

Yeah, it is either the M/T's or the gloss black chevy script. Leaning M/T's... I like the old school touch the M/T valve covers bring. I dont think I can do the T-handle hold downs though... I went with the slotted mags for that vibe as well. My old man told me that I need a big chrome barefoot gas pedal and a Mr. Horsepower sticker for my wing window. Lol. He is the same guy that put a 427 in a 55 chevy truck without any frame modifications. I remember him welding a chain to the frame and bolting it to the block instead of replacing the torn motor mount. That truck also had that sticker in the wing window. Childhood memories!

Leaving it gold. Just something different. I'm suprised how much more gold the cover is than the oil pan. Milodon cover vs weiand pan. I asked the machine shop to put the brass freeze plugs in and not paint the block. Of course they put the silver ones in and painted it. The builder was super nice, he was just trying to be helpful since I told him I was painting the block black.

A lot of the bolts and little brackets in the suspension are the same zinc gold color. It started with the Offroad design heavy duty shackles arriving with that plating. I thought it was a nice touch against the black powder coat and paint. The Header and intake bolts will be the same color.
Attached Images