View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 10:39 AM   #34
Chevyland

Re: But, Custom trucks are cool 😎, Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironangel View Post
Ok I'm in..."Nasty Sally" 1972 COPO SS/396-C/10 (Custom Optioned Pickup Orsumpthin)...A Chevelle tribute truck? Nope, better because Sally has a bed Chevelle's don't...The motor is an actual 69 L34 SS 396 (350HP) out of a friends 69 SS El Camino. He's owned the car since 1969 and pulled the motor in 75, been disassembled and wrapped in plastic and stored in his basement ever since. He's on his fourth BBC motor now and that El Camino tops the NHRA Pro Mod class and calls Heartland Park home. I thank his wife for making him clean out the basement and selling me the original 396 two years ago. The motor has been bored .060" over to a 408, SpeedPro Forged 25cc Domes, reworked 3964290 closed chambered 98cc heads, CompCam 268H cam, CompCam (nothing radical) forged roller rockers, Weiand 2P-180 #8001 Intake, 800cfm (Cliff Ruggles custom built) Quadrajet. Boss Hogg 10" 3000 stall converter turning a built 350 "SuperTurbo". Beefed up 12-bolt with an Eaton 4:56 Posi. Very well mannered for street and turns a respectable 12 flat if I can get a good light with no head wind. These rich farm kids come around when they get a new tune on their diesels or power adders on their late model rigs to roust the "Old Man in the old Chevy" out for a run. So for the price of one Sportsman Pro I show them how slow they go, take their beer money and me and Sally go home... And a little video of Sally takin a first place burnout trophy home at the 2016 Mid-West Truck Nationals...https://youtu.be/_jXxaOqm36M?t=1m21s
Great explanation of your truck
And , loved the burn out🤙🤙
Chevyland is offline   Reply With Quote