View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 05:07 PM   #156
Robert Haas

Re: Two is easier then one 1965 GMC S/W/BB build

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty4bigwindow View Post
A couple of things. First, I grew up in the Castroville and Prunedale area, and I LOVE to see that area on the map. Salinas gets a bad rap sometimes, but its nice to see something positive coming out of that area. Second, I am moving from Oregon to Santa Barbara county, with NO knowledge of shops or truck stuff anywhere. Knowing you guys are a few hour drive north is a huge relief for me when I get settled and back into my build.

And finally, I am sad I didn't see this before, because this build, your shop, your talent for a "part-time" builder with a life outside of the shop, is truly an inspiration to me. I'm not super mechanically inclined, but can stumble my way through stuff. The progress you've made and how jaw dropping all of the progress and pics are, inspire me to believe that I can build something with the right amount of motivation. PLEASE don't let this get buried. I'm subbed, and I'll post a pic of my facial expression each time I see your work, if that's what will get you to continue to post!

We sure do thank you for your support.

Salinas is actually loaded with builders and has been for ever. Back in the 70's I used to cruise main in my 55 Chevy and this town was just loaded with hot rods. Most of us grew old and fat and quit building but I sure do enjoy working in my shop.
Robert Haas is offline   Reply With Quote