View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 11:14 AM   #57
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: I like STOCK trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
I just love that truck Greg. One of my favorites. I’m curious if you have any info form po’s that confirm what caps/wheel covers camr on it originally? I think the PO1s you’ve put on it look perfect. Being a custom deluxe that is not a promo package highlander (with PA1s) and also not having PO3s on the SPID means it must've come with stock white caps, I think. Any old pics etc that would lead you to believe the same? Interesting combo and wondering if perhaps some initial showroom horse trading went on before it left the dealer.
I actually tracked down the original owners son last Spring. I agree with you that the truck has a kinda weird combo of options. I asked if his Dad had ordered the truck and he said no he just bought it off the lot. He also said his Dad hated the plaid seat so installed a good quality seat cover right away, which attests to the real good condition of the plaid seat today. The In-Service date is July 21st of 1972 and the engine numbers on the block are from February 1972. With those dates in mind I'm thinking the truck was a special order for someone who dint follow through when the truck arrived or the dealer ordered it for stock and it sat for while before being purchased. I was sent these posted pics of the truck by the son. The photo from the print was taken right after the truck was purchased and the others are from 2011 when the son sold it to a guy in Minnesota. As you can in those 2011 pics it has the chrome caps but with the ochre bowties so think they were installed later and the original ones were removed. I dont get your point about the horsetrading..
Attached Images

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote