View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 11:36 AM   #9
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Clicking Sound When I Connect The Battery Terminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
Back to the horn relay then.... does the truck have working horns? Are the horns connected, or has the green wire been removed? Will the horns work if you touch a terminal with 12vdc?
Spot on questions. I got the '71 truck with no engine wiring harness what's so ever. I got a '69 engine wiring harness for free when I bought the rear axle from the guy so I married that up to my truck. (As a side note, my truck is a '71 cab on a '69 six lug chassis.)

Then I found the big fat green horn wire cut on the '69 harness. So I went and bought a used green OE horn wire from a used truck parts place in town, so as of now I have the proper uncut green wire plugged into the bulkhead, but it is not connected to a horn at this time.

My truck came with no horn. So I bought a used OE horn from the same people as I bought the green wire, I have yet to mount it. Part of the problem was I could not tell where in the world the horn mounts to on the core support, I think I have seen now where it goes, I think there is a couple places but I will mount it just to the side of the radiator.

I am not sure if having the horn mounted with the green wire plugged into it will make the clicking go away but I am curious to try it.

Thank you for trying to help, and apologies for the long winded answer, but this is such a puzzle that I wanted you all to have all the pieces.

FYI: I am still missing that black wire that runs up the steering column and makes the actual horn button go Beep Beep.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote