View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 05:32 PM   #1313
georgieb51

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
Its supposed to wubby but auto-correct changes it to cubby and sometimes hubby. A wubby is a dent and I've been using that term for so long now (+40) years I don't remember where it came from. I se you have Highlander truck. Just wondering if you posted it on the "Do you have plaid pickup" thread?

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...30#post7737630
Yes! I truly have a higamder (Highlander without spell check's help). But when I bought it as a work truck back in 1986 no one knew anything about Highlanders. I just thought it odd that my truck was only a custom deluxe but had all these options like tilt, AC, and plaid seats. At the same time I owned a suburban with Highlander blue seats. I wish I still had it. (402 loaded). Any way , I got off track. Amazingly enough I still have that truck and after 15 years as a work truck I decide to "restore" it, (year 1999) but still did not know about Highlanders, but fortunately I treated that truck gently and took it off the road in the winter, so it never got rusty. I have thought about posting photos in the Highlander section but felt embarrased because I took out the worn plaid seat (that plaid cloth does not hold up well) and put in bucket seats and a console. So that is my story. It is no longer a true Highlander but in spirit it is. Should I post it? Amazingly enough I still have the original seat and the parchment vinyl in it is in good condition. I suppose that could be restored for a lot of money, and I could scrap the buckets. What do you think?
1967 Chevy K10 Short Stepside, unrestored original.
1969 GMC CST (Longhorn) 396, buckets, unrestored.
1995 GMC K2500, 65,000 miles, 454.