View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 11:35 PM   #1702
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
Correct, lower belt moldings with woodgrain were part of the Cheyenne package, upper side molding was optional. Below the Cheyenne trim level (Custom Deluxe), lower and upper belt moldings were optional and lowers were normally black rather than woodgrain - however, there are several documented highlanders with woodgrain lower belt molding (they were Custom Deluxe trucks only). Above the Cheyenne level (Cheyenne Super), the lower and upper moldings were included and the lowers were woodgrain, like a Cheyenne (and the dash and gb door woodgrain was added, among other gizmos like bright tailgate handle, etc.)
What a great post, thank you. Highlander huh, I'd never heard of one. Now I see where the plaid seats come in.

No doubt the Supers were loaded. My 72 doesn't have the bright handle (they put the tailgate through a lot of work). The only piece of exterior chrome besides the bumper that's not pitted is trim that runs down the middle of the hood. The truck has all the things you mentioned, and roof lights, cargo light headliner, etc...........I believe a stock plush bench with chrome trim (far more comfortable than the common bench) - Edit, stock, option 610...............There are some buttons on front of the cab, which I understand is for a canvas. With the BB and two-tone deluxe blues, it had to be remarkable rolling off the dealership. Today it's just a driver needing brakes and front tires.

Good to know the holes for the upper and lower belts must be stock. Nice reference for my 71.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025