View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 11:41 PM   #307
Knight72

Re: Where/How did you find your Truck ?

I had bought a 74 firebird to restore, but ended up being a lot more work than I could handle with my first kid on the way, sub frame was trashed, floor pans gone. My first vehicle was an 88 c1500 and I always had a soft spot for trucks so I started hunting for a old Chevy to drive and restore. I spent some time on Google checking out 50's thru 80's and fell in love with a Kelly Green 72 short stepper on the images column. I hunted Craigslist but couldn't find a decent one in my price range. So after a couple weeks I find a 72 c10 lwb that looked solid, an hour from my parents home. Chatted with the guy and ended up buying her for $1500 with plans to shorten the frame and add a step bed, but the more I have looked at her in the garage, she just seems right with the long bed and I'm loving it more and more. It helps that she still has the original paint. Needs some loving and there isn't anything special about her, but I want to save her from the scrap pile or part outs, and restore her to daily driving. Plans are to por15 the frame, change bushings, drop in the 350 on my stand and a 700r4, change brakes, rewire, and fix my rust issues. She's big and blue and reminds me of Fez's girlfriend from the early seasons of "That 70's show" so I've dubbed her Big Rhonda.
Attached Images

Knight72 is offline   Reply With Quote