View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 06:39 PM   #271
gigamanx

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
looks like you are making good progress, this is where the fun is because everything you do is the last time you do it, no more test fit assembly then blow it back apart. things are DONE done.

I went the stepper route on the 47 and the 49, looked amazing.

IMG_1066 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_1070 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

mine went to the original s10 cluster that I hid behind the dash, but you could do it like henry did too with aftermarket gauges. on the high beam/turn signal thing, on the 47 I put the lights on the steeering cover, on the 49 I drilled them into the speedo face.

I am getting to the point though that I will just order some custom made to work with the S10 harness from now on. figuring out hours in the shop, it costs less! there is a company I cant remember the name off hand that makes some killer gauges and you essentially tell them what you want and what the senders are. I am jonesing to use them on the next 49 I am doing.
Well now that you suggest it, I do need something to do with myself while its ridiculously cold outside. I didn't think to put the lights into the gauges. It will totally ruin the originals so that part sucks....Probably the cheapest route at this point. All I really need for inspection is speedo, odometer, and the three lights. They don't care if I am overheating with an empty tank of gas haha

I do have a separate water temp I installed just so I didn't do something catastrophic when I was running the engine.

Question: Do you need the wiring harness and ECU to make the Odometer work correctly or does it just need power? I'm not running the wiring harness from that truck anymore if I do need the ECU.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote