View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 07:22 PM   #4
lilpanther

Re: 1972 GMC Project Future Daily Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwade View Post
Can you show me some pics of the engine bay of the Ford? I’ve got a 48 F-5 that I’m planning on a 5.3L swap as well and am curious about how the figment next to the firewall and floor with the trans. Are you running a rack n pinion on it. Sorry so many questions about that one. Love the GMC too!

Wade
Thanks. I'll send you a PM with some info on the F-1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsolo View Post
Nice solid looking truck, you might get lucky and find a build sheet under the seat. 700r4 has a low 1st gear and would get better MPG if it runs decent, drive shaft may not work depending on the various lengths, and differences in both transmissions. Wiring needs some TLC, might surprise you, hook all the wiring up it might run as is. Sometimes under hood wiring comes up in the for sale section.
It actually runs as is and kind of drives, The driveshaft they have in it is actually too long for the 700r4 and they tried driving it without the TV cable hooked up so the 700r4 isn't very healthy. Unfortunately the underhood wiring isn't the only one they hacked, They also hacked up the wiring under the dash and for the steering column.

Last edited by lilpanther; 01-09-2018 at 12:49 AM.
lilpanther is offline   Reply With Quote