View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 09:18 PM   #301
nikwho

Re: 67-72 Truck 3 Point Retractable Seat Belt Kits - Bolt in - Morris Classic

I see. And I agree! I bought a kit for a tri-five Chevy and I am not going to use them. I don't want to try to make a bracket that accepts the retractor AND the outer belt.

So, does your outer part of the lap belt attach to your retractor, then? I never paid enough attention before to realize that 3 point belts attach at 4 locations! Then I paid attention to all of my newer cars and trucks that have 3 point belts. All have 4 points of contact (inner side of lap belt, outer side of lap belt, retractor and the change of direction at your shoulder).

I would like a quote for a set of two 3 point belts in tan, and probably a center lap belt, just so that they match perfectly. I was hopeful for the airplane style chrome latch, but GM push buttons would work, if that's what you guys offer. I keep thinking about my chest colliding with my steering wheel while my body decelerate's far slower than my truck, if I were to get into a significant collision, and I don't like it. Plus, I don't like my son riding in the truck with just the lap belts.
Thanks,
Nik